1) Pay yourself first. Try to Automate savings as much as possible. $12,500 Dividend income between all accounts. Right now, forward dividends are at $10,750 estimated. One of the ways to achieve this would be contribute $45,000 in new capital to my investment accounts. Establish emergency fund and start saving for new car fund in separate accounts. Automate savings!
2) Sports: Run 2 half marathons and try run 8:33 minute mile total time of 1:52 total time. It would shave 4 minutes off my PR. Be on two volleyball leagues. Learn how to cross country ski and learn how to play racquetball. Play alumni basketball tournament.
3) Take 4 Hiking trips to new trails in 2017. Hike entire section of southern Theodore Roosevelt park, visit the two different trails in South Dakota.
4) New items to learn. Become better at Excel. sign up for CFP courses to worked toward that designation. Start learning how to play the piano and sign up for lessons.
5) Try to maintain a weight of 208 lbs this year. Make 40 prepared meals this year, eat 100 fresh salads and 200 protein shakes this year. Avoid carbs and fried foods.
6) Post 3 times a month on the blog and update blogroll. I can do this. I want my content to be premium. Increase my site views to 100 a day. Include one review post each month and one celebrity bankruptcy each month. Review what they purchased and spent the money on. Possibly include 1 book review and/or research article. Write one seeking alpha article each month.
7) Read 30 books this year
I read 5 last year, I know I can do better. Read during lunch breaks.
8) Visit two new towns I have never been to. One will be Las Vegas and other possibilities mountains in Montana. Or Georgia.
9) Fun activities: attend championship game, go to Vegas, go to Montana for first time, attend friend’s wedding. Plan the use of my vacation days better this year and reduce amount of sick days taken to 3 or less. Possible trip down south in December.
10) Life style and volunteer: volunteer for a couple of Bismarck area charities and give back to the community. Donate 3% of income to different groups. Bbbs, Stanford bikeathlon and maybe try to get on a board for an event planning. Go to church every Wednesday.